Once you've clicked the compose post button, the compose window will open.
The compose window gives you a variety of different options for styling your post when using the toolbar at the top of the editor (from left to right):
- : Bold - Makes a section of your text bold
- : Italic - Makes a section of your text italic
- : Insert Link - Associate a link to a section of text (example)
- : Insert Image - Add an image to your post, by uploading from your computer or from a URL (example)
- : Insert Video - Add a video by pasting the video's URL. Only Vimeo/Youtube currently supported (example)
- : Block Quote - Displays selected text as a block quote (example)
- : List - Creates a bullet-pointed unordered list (example)
- : HTML - switches the editor from a graphical view to HTML view, allowing you to fine tune the details of your post (example)
Once you've completed writing and styling your post, you can choose when you want to publish your post at the left side of the compose window, under Post details. Selecting 'Now' will make your post live immediately, 'Draft' will save your post for later editing, and 'Scheduled' allows you to specify a time for your post to be automatically published.
The 'Allow replies' option is enabled by default, and allows readers to reply to your post. Uncheck this option if you'd like to disable conversations on your post.
Now that you've created and styled your post, and have selected a publish option, your compose window should be full of life - click Publish at the bottom right of the compose window to publish your post. The publish button will change to 'Save' if you've selected draft or scheduled as your publish option.
And here's what the published post looks like: